Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mixing Foundations

Most people mix foundations when they want to find the perfect color for their skin tone. I, however, was so used to using NARS Sheerglow that when I started using Chanel Pro Lumiere I really missed that bit of glow I got from the NARS.

To get the look I desired, I ended up mixing Chanel Pro Lumiere with a sample of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for my anniversary dinner with my boyfriend. I posted pictures of the night on my tumblr, and I have to say I loved the way it looked! It gave just that extra bit of oomph. All I did was mix the two evenly. Although, I’m not sure I want to shell out the money for the full size Vita Lumiere Aqua just to always mix the two. As much as I would love to own Vita Lumiere Aqua, I’m not sure the justification is there in just mixing it with Pro Lumiere.

My solution? I’m going to try mixing Pro Lumiere with Mac’s Strobe Cream. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier, but I’m excited to see how it works! If I'm not entirely pleased with the result, I'm not sure that I will be repurchasing the Pro Lumiere, as much as I do want to love it!

xo
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts, they make my day!