Monday, May 10, 2010

Haul: Books + Costco Discounts

Hello again my lovelies,
I am sitting here in my school's library annex (our library is under construction) and instead of studying for my finals next week, here I am posting my haul!


First and foremost last week I finished the Time Travelers Wife. Such an amazing book. If you liked the movie I'm sure that you'll positively adore the book! I haven't read a book that good in a very long time. So, to make up for that I had to go buy some more! Luckily for me, on Tuesday Chuck Palahniuk's new book Tell All came out. I just love Chuck Palahniuk
(the genius author of Fight Club and Choke), so I am very
excited to get started on this book. As well as buying a regular copy, I pre-ordered a signed book. Once I get my compute
r home I'll take a picture of that! I also decided to pick up Closing Time and God Knows by Joseph Heller. Last summer I read Catch 22, and I loved it. Closing time is the sequel and God Knows is a tale about the Biblical King David of Israel as a young Jewish boy. I cannot wait to read all of these
books!



Now on to the next
part of my haul. I mentioned that the items we
re from Costco, which may seem a bit strange. At my local Costco (a wholesale store for those who don't have any near by) I noticed that they were selling a package of a Frederick Fekkai shampoo + conditioner for only about $20! Now, normally one bottle alone goes for about $23 so I had to grab this chance! I got two packages; one in the glossing formulation with a glossing cream, and one in the technician color treated formulation with syrum.

After that I found another great deal! I saw that they had the Juicy Couture Eau De Parfum for only $30. I absolutely love this scent! I bought it in the roller ball from Sephora a few weeks ago for $16 and I am obsessed. I wear it everyday, it just smells delightful. The top notes are said to be passion fruit, melon, marigold, apple, water hyacinth and crushed leaves. With the middle notes as wild rose, princess lily and tuberose and the base notes vanilla crème brûlée, precious wood and patchouli. Needless to say, its enchanting.


I've previously mentioned my love for Frederick Fekkai hair products, so once I've given the two new shampoos and conditioners a go I will do a review. I am so excited to try these new products out!

Have you tried any of these products?

xo
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. <3 Viva La Juicy, I hope they have that in Costco too!:D

    You got those Frederick Fekkai products for a very good deal, lucky you!:D

    Have a lovely week!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i would love to try the frederick fekkai but they are really expenice here! good luck with the studying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I love Frederick Fekkai

    I could not resist the name of your blog: happy girls are the prettiest girls. I just finished a post on Beautifulpeople.com (dating site only for "pretty people" and it's so good to hear a more intelligent statement!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they make my day!